That Re Of Sunshine

Mongo ma Ndemi native on a journey called life. . .

July 28, 2011

Who Says The Tooth Fairy Doesn't Exist


HARD TIMES HIT THE TOOTH FAIRY
"It seems that no one is immune to the economic downturn. A survey conducted by Visa says that American kids are averaging three dollars less per tooth than last year. In addition, the madam of the mouth is forking over money to fewer kids. In 2010, 94 percent of children under the age of 12 got cash for their teeth, while this year, only 90 percent are seeing dough."
Source: MTV Morning Facts 28/07/11

I remember the day I found out who the Tooth fairy really was. I shouldn't have been as surprised or as disappointed as I was but hey, I was a kid and I enjoyed the thought of a fairy the size of my palm coming to take away my tooth and replacing it with some crisp currency note. I should have known it was her. MY MOTHER. That day I came back from school early and I saw mum had left her room door open. Trust me to snoop around. I opened one of her jewellery boxes and low and behold was my tooth the Tooth Fairy had taken the night before. 

I was very smart when I was a kid. I'm not boasting, I was. Ask . . . anyways back to the reason why I was smart. After I found out Mum was the tooth fairy, I didn't tell her I knew she was the tooth fairy. Then the next time I felt a tooth shaking I started hinting to my mum to tell the fairy that she needs to increase the amount of money she puts under my pillow and I accept foreign currency as well.

Come to think of it, I wonder what the tooth fairy did with all the teeth she gathered from under my pillow and put in her jewellery box.

Oh well, for those of you with sweet teeth, today is National Milk Chocolate day! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© That Re Of Sunshine, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena